We have a current opportunity for a Security officer on a permanent basis. The position will be based in South East London. For further information about this position please apply.
You will maintain a safe, secure and welcoming environment for students, staff and visitors, coupled with promoting good learner behaviour across the campus, helping to create positive campus environments. Key duties will include;
- Monitor the use of public areas, teaching spaces, cafes, social areas and campus grounds and report/take appropriate action to stop unsafe activities
- Use appropriate and effective de-escalation techniques to positively manage learner behaviour
- Control access of personnel and vehicular traffic ensuring that only authorised persons are allowed on site, including checking of ID cards.
- Take action in the event of an accident or incident, including the administration of first aid and completion of accident and/or incident reports in accordance with College procedures
- Work collaboratively with other members of the team to provide a prompt quality service for the operation of fire, security, CCTV systems using electronic and computerised facilities management systems and equipment
Skills and Experience
You hold an SIA Door Supervision Licence
Monday to Friday 8:30am to 5PM
(1 day in month you will be required to work a late shift)
£24,358 to £26,690
Morgan Hunt is a multi-award-winning recruitment business for interim, contract and temporary recruitment and acts as an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies. Morgan Hunt is an equal opportunities employer. Job suitability is assessed on merit in accordance with the individual's skills, qualifications and abilities to perform the relevant duties required in a particular role.