Morgan Hunt require an Assistant Finance Manager for NHS based in North London
Pay Rate: £26ph PAYE WTR = Total £29.13ph PAYE
Hours 37.5 9am to 5pm Mon to Fri
Location: North London - Remote Working Available but must attend at least once a week or once a month
Duration: 3 months on going contract
The candidate is responsible for providing professional expertise to the outcome of the business processes for the Department or Directorate.
As the Assistant Finance Manager, the post holder will work as part of a dynamic team in delivering an effective service supporting managers and staff across the organization to provide a full management accounting service.
Key Working Relationships
- The candidate will be required to have regular contact with internal and external stakeholders and will often need to engage with them over sensitive, complex, contentious and confidential issues.
- Participate in relevant internal and external working groups/projects, services and initiatives to provide project information and analytical advice and expertise.
- Present information and issues, explaining complexities, to a wide range of internal and external stakeholders.
- To liaise with other Managers to share best practice.
- Support the Head of Finance to ensure that a portfolio of tasks/projects are planned, managed and delivered effectively, including GP payments and focussing on Dental, Ophthalmic and Pharmacy (DOP) payments.
- Support the Head of Finance on the production of relevant budgets e.g., NCL, Borough and Practice level budgets ensuring the Primary Care budgets, including DOP budgets, are accurate and controllable.
- Assist the Head of Finance in developing forecasts of Primary Care spend to enable robust in-year financial management and reporting and to feed into strategic plans.
- Undertake detailed and complex analysis of DOP data to ensure that all material variances are identified, investigated and root causes understood. This may include trend analysis, expert knowledge of DOP payment mechanisms, etc.
- Assess and report the on-going financial risk to Primary Care DOP spend on a monthly basis. Propose and discuss appropriate action to minimise such risks.
- Lead financial management and reporting for those contracts and budgets for which the post holder is the lead finance contact.
- Ensure all relevant accounting adjustments to Primary Care budgets are made on a monthly basis, and at the end of the financial year in accordance with accounting guidelines and within the deadlines, including year-end accruals and reconciliations for Primary Care budgets, and the production of good working papers.
- Support the interim and year-end audit process and any internal audits, as required.
- Provide specialist training and support for finance staff, and staff in other functions, on financial management and reporting processes and practices relevant to their role.
Morgan Hunt is a multi-award-winning recruitment Business for interim, contract and temporary recruitment and acts as an Employment Agency in relation to temporary vacancies. Morgan Hunt is an equal opportunities employer, job suitability are assessed on merit in accordance with their skills, qualifications and abilities to perform the relevant duties required in a particular role.