Morgan Hunt are currently working with a well-known Public body, based in London, in their search for a permanent Procurement Manager to develop and implement procurement and contract management strategies across the organisation.
As a successful post-holder you will be responsible for implementing a category management approach across the organisation to ensure that services and goods are procured efficiently and achieve value for money through providing procurement and commercial expertise, and utilising market knowledge. You will act as an ambassador and promote best practice within Procurement, while working across the team and organisation to deliver high value complex contracts.
You will have experience working within Procurement and Category Management, within a large organisation. You will have experience within the end to end process, competitive dialogue, competitive procedure with negotiation and establishment of framework agreements. You will be a pragmatic, influential and well-communicated Procurement Professional with strong management, interpersonal and stakeholder engagement skills.
This position will offer internal opportunity, progression, and a wide range of experience where you will have a strong impact on the future of the procurement function. You will be required to attend the London Office twice a week.
Job Title: Procurement Manager
Location: Hybrid (4 days at home / 1 in the office)
Annual Salary: Up to £60,000
Job Type: Permanent
Hours: Full-time (35 hours per week)
Start Date: ASAP
- To provide professional procurement advice and ensure compliance to the relevant regulatory and statutory obligations
- To attend and proactively participate at project boards as required, advising and assisting with making key decisions
- To proactively identify, evaluate and drive opportunities of procurement options to provide value for money
- To ensure that compliance and best value is achieved for all Tenders carried out. This will include co-ordinating the development of product/service specifications, preparing the commercial and legal elements of the invitation to tender documentation, agreeing evaluation criteria and participating in the evaluation of tender returns
- Provide a focal point for contractual advice and guidance to internal and external clients, promoting and developing procurement expertise across Queen Mary
- To quantify and deliver procurement savings in accordance with agreed objectives
- To ensure that financial regulations are adhered to throughout all procurement exercises
- Contribute to the management and development of Queen Mary's procurement policy and procedures as well as other relevant documentation and guidance notes that are distributed throughout Queen Mary to support a collaborative, supportive and approachable ethos for work with colleagues across the University, with a pragmatic and innovative approach to problem solving
- Final approver of all requisitions between £5k and £50k. Accountable to ensure compliance to regulations and value for money.
- MCIPS or studying towards
- A pragmatic and self-motivated individual with strong relationship building, negotiating and influencing skills which are able to win difficult stakeholders
- Experience and knowledge in developing and successfully delivering category, procurement and / or contract management strategies; realising cashable and non-cashable benefits.
- Relevant experience as a professional expert in a large complex organisation with expert knowledge in the specialist field.
- Significant experience and knowledge of delivering procurement projects on time and to budget using a structured methodology e.g., PRINCE2
- Understanding of commercial contract terms and conditions.
- Excellent stakeholder management skills, including influencing skills and ability to develop business networks and work collaboratively.
Please apply below to find out more information regarding this fantastic opportunity as a Procurement Manager.
Morgan Hunt is a multi-award-winning recruitment business for interim, contract and temporary recruitment and acts as an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies. Morgan Hunt is an equal opportunities employer. Job suitability is assessed on merit in accordance with the individual's skills, qualifications and abilities to perform the relevant duties required in a particular role.