Are you a Leasehold Consultation Officer looking for work in West London?
Morgan Hunt's Public Sector and Government client based in West London is looking to recruit a Leasehold Consultation Officer on a temporary basis.
This assignment has been deemed inside of IR35.
As a Leasehold Consultation Officer, you will play a crucial part in delivering the statutory consultative programme for leasehold major works and service charges, including responding to observations and associated correspondence from residents. Together with Leasehold Finance Officers, support the production of corresponding service charges and estimates and all the associated enquiries and disputes.
Ideally, the successful candidate will have the ability to:
- Provide prompt and accessible consultation services for Leaseholders including the calculation of service charges; major works billing; reserve fund; shared ownership rent and ground rent.
- Plan and successfully deliver a range of leaseholder statutory consultation documentation that includes details of works, potential timescales, and calculation of charges.
- Ensure leaseholders' observations during the consultation period are responded to, within time limits, liaising with the relevant staff in other departments.
- Be responsible for key decisions during the co-ordination and delivery of section 20/20b consultations in accordance with statutory timescales and notifications. Ensuring that these are carried out in accordance with the lease.
- Work in collaboration with colleagues in the Leasehold Income Team to calculate annual and major works service charges to produce estimated, interim, and actual invoices which are accurate, reasonable, and in accordance with legislation and local procedures and policies.
- Carry out necessary actions for the production of service charges, major works, ground rent and shared ownership rent.
- Liaise with the Property Services team to support the calculation and issuing of Section 20 notices to protect the financial position of the landlord.
- Record and report any errors or inaccuracies within the accounting processes and financial recording systems, and to implement any appropriate improvements to ensure an efficient service.
- Provide appropriate background information and to perform necessary calculations for all service charge and major works enquiries, including Section 125 offer notice information.
- Attend consultation meetings with Property Services Colleagues to provide technical advice about the section 20 process. Ensure all plans and associated documentation is available in advance of meetings and collate post-meeting feedback reports for internal departments.
- Provide expert Leasehold advice and guidance to Neighbourhood Housing Managers and front line housing teams and ensure relevant information on Leaseholder matters is shared across the business in order for housing teams to deliver an effective leaseholder service.
- Prepare relevant information and documentation to support any legal, court or tribunal proceedings.
If you're looking to work for a Public Sector and Government client based in West London, and feel you meet the essential criteria outlined above to be a Leasehold Consultation Officer, please contact the team with an up-to-date CV.
Morgan Hunt is a multi-award-winning recruitment Business for interim, contract and temporary recruitment and acts as an Employment Agency in relation to temporary vacancies. Morgan Hunt is an equal opportunities employer, job suitability are assessed on merit in accordance with their skills, qualifications and abilities to perform the relevant duties required in a particular role.