We have a current opportunity for a Senior Project Manager (P3O Programme Manager) on a contract basis. The position will be based in Berkshire. It is a band 8B level role paying circa £40-41.80 via an umbrella company.
As a Senior Manager within the Estates Project Team, the post holder will support the Head of Projects (P3O Portfolio Manager) in managing and delivering the Estates Program of Works in accordance with P3O processes and procedures. They will have responsibility at any one time for the autonomous professional management and delivery of RBHT Estates Capital and Revenue construction projects.
This will include for advising and liaising with stakeholders, clinical management teams and otherwise, at all levels across the Trust. The post holder will be dealing on a day to day basis with Appointed Quantity Surveyors, Mechanical, Electrical, Public Health and Building Fabric Consultants, Principal Contractors, Sub Contractors, and Specialist Contractors.
In addition the post holder will provide technical support to the wider capital projects team.
- To operate within a Portfolio, Programme and Project Management (P3M) office environment utilising Managing Successful Programmes and PRINCE2 project methodology.
- To exercise autonomous professional responsibility for the overall management of a range of capital construction schemes from feasibility through procurement to completion on site and relevant defects periods. Schemes will typically range in value from around £25k through to £5m
- To assist the Head of Projects with the overall Estates Capital Works programme including monitoring spend and procurement ensuring compliance with RBHT and department governance across multiple projects against key delivery targets set each financial year.
- To provide professional specialist expertise for all capital developments in the Trust and to participate in the implementation of P3O procedures and systems such as PMO and Brand Manual development.
- To take responsibility for managing and monitoring CDM2015 and any/all other aspects of project Health and Safety.
- To ensure effective liaison with senior members of the Trust Directorates and in particular the departmental head on ensuring the delivery of the capital programme helps to achieve the overall aims and objectives of the Trust.
- To provide technical expertise and building and support across the Trust as required and prepare strategic plans and policies in support of the Trust's agreed annual capital programme.
- To provide indicators which demonstrate the performance of the Trusts Estates and Facilities capital programme against national and local standards.
- As Senior Project Manager (P3O Programme Manager) to assist, where necessary, with the management and mentorship of the Estates PM Team; to provide professional, efficient, customer focussed and cost effective services.
- To ensure the development, maintenance and dissemination of the highest professional standards of construction practice, through active participation in internal and external CPD training and development programmes.
- Flexibility to assist/cover other Estates managers with their responsibilities when directed by the Head of Estates Development.
- To generate specifications/schedules and drawings (to current industry legislation, good practice (HTM / HTB / HBN) by way of design to tender, for lower value projects as applicable.
Morgan Hunt is a multi-award-winning recruitment business for interim, contract and temporary recruitment and acts as an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies. Morgan Hunt is an equal opportunities employer. Job suitability is assessed on merit in accordance with the individual's skills, qualifications and abilities to perform the relevant duties required in a particular role.