Policy Manager (Health and Care)
Location: Finsbury Park, London
Contract: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £40,000 - £45,000
A healthcare charity is seeking an experienced and dynamic Policy Manager to lead their Health and Care Policy team. This role offers a unique opportunity to create an impact, change and shape policy strategies in the organisations field of health and care.
As the Policy Manager, you will be reporting to the Head of Policy and be tasked with leading and managing the charities policy development activities relating to health and social care. You will be adept at working with diverse internal teams and external stakeholders (NHS and Government) in pursuit of their policy objectives.
- Policy Development and Advocacy:
- Provide strategic leadership on health and care policy matters, advising the Board of Trustees on key external policy developments.
- Collaborate with internal teams and external stakeholders to ensure accurate representation of the charities policy positions.
- Act as a media spokesperson on health and care policy issues.
- Networking, Collaboration, and Good Practice:
- Cultivate relationships with government officials, civil servants, and external bodies.
- Manage relationships with Medical Advisors, ensuring their valuable input into the charities work.
- Collaborate with stakeholders to disseminate information about models of excellence in organisations health and care.
- Strategic Review, Planning, and Development:
- Provide focus to health and care policy work, prioritizing areas for maximum impact.
- Conduct regular horizon scanning to identify emerging policy priorities.
- Advise on evidence needs and contribute to relevant projects and programs.
- People Management:
- Directly manage a team of senior policy officers, providing guidance and support.
- Lead the health and care policy team, ensuring the implementation of business plans and contributing to strategic aims.
- Recruit, induct, and develop team members.
- Monitoring and Reporting:
- Analyse and evaluate the team's performance against objectives, outcomes, and KPIs.
- Ensure timely corrective actions and measure the impact of the team's work.
- Proven experience in policy development and influencing at UK, national, or local levels.
- Successful management of impactful policy development.
- Experience in issue-based campaign development for policy change.
- High-level understanding of the UK health and/or social care policy landscape.
- Strategic thinking, analytical skills, and the ability to construct persuasive arguments.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Experience as a media spokesperson on policy issues.
- Understanding of health economics.
Apply now and be part of their dedicated team shaping the organizations policy strategies.
Morgan Hunt is a multi-award-winning recruitment business for interim, contract and temporary recruitment and acts as an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies. Morgan Hunt is an equal opportunities employer. Job suitability is assessed on merit in accordance with the individual's skills, qualifications and abilities to perform the relevant duties required in a particular role.