An award-winning and market-leading global design, engineering and project management consultancy. With a team of 75 landscape architects, urban designers and masterplanners work throughout the UK and internationally, delivering award-winning and inspiring designs, this would truely be a great place to work for an ambitious Landscape Architect. they are proud of their heritage as one of the UK's larger landscape practices and the future growth opportunities available within the business, urban design architecture and masterplanning practice.
They are a regionally focused and nationally connected practice working in a multi-disciplinary environment. They deliver a diverse portfolio of high-profile landscape, public realm and environmentally focussed projects for the public and private sectors that includes nationally significant infrastructure projects, schools and higher education campuses, healthcare, blue-green solutions, active travel, design guidance and urban regeneration.
- The position requires a Chartered Landscape Architect with minimum of 4 years post chartered experience, with an excellent track record in project delivery.
- The role offers a wide variety of experience and provide an excellent opportunity for career progression.
- We are looking for people with a design flair and good written capabilities to support project delivery from feasibility through to construction.
- You will have a proactive can-do attitude and demonstrate an innovative approach, high-quality presentation and communication skills, and confidence in presenting to clients and stakeholders, undertaking site surveys and writing technical reports.
- We are looking for good interpersonal skills, fluency in English, and an ability to work in a stimulating multi-disciplinary environment as part of an integrated team with an inquisitive approach to their work.
- Design input to a range of projects, including schools, rail, road, green-blue infrastructure, public realm and urban regeneration.
- Preparation of Landscape and Visual Impact Assessments
- Preparation of tender responses.
- Provision of landscape advice to external and internal clients
- An understanding of project management, including the financial management of projects
- Resource allocation in liaison with the landscape senior leadership team
- Mentoring of junior staff
- A relevant landscape degree
- Chartered membership of the Landscape Institute
- Relevant minimum 4 years post chartership experience in a Landscape role
- Experience in the management and delivery of multi-disciplinary projects, particularly in the sectors of schools, transport, green-blue infrastructure and urban regeneration
- Excellent project management skills for multi-disciplinary projects
- Experience and knowledge of Landscape and Visual Impact Assessment to varying methodologies i.e. GLVIA 3, DMRB
- Proven ability to manage budgets
- Consultancy experience is an advantage, as is a need to demonstrate commercial expertise
- Competent in AutoCAD and Adobe software packages with a passion to explore the use of Revit, Sketch Up and Enscape used as a design tool and for presentational outputs.
- Experience and an understanding of BIM.
- Communication through hand drawing invaluable.
- The successful applicant must be flexible and self-motivated and be expected to demonstrate the following:
- Good communication skills, with ability to draft reports to a high standard
- Ability to work under pressure, and have proven success in meeting tight deadlines
- Confident team worker, but able to work with limited supervision
- Commercial awareness and business development skills
In return, we offer the opportunity to develop, learn and work with a diverse team of specialists across different region on award-winning high-profile projects with a competitive salary and benefits package. There are training opportunities, and career development support that includes technical, project and business management skills with one of the UK's leading design
Your rewards and benefits will include:
- 25-day annual leave allowance plus Bank Holidays with flexibility to buy/sell annual leave
- Annual LI membership professional fees paid for
- Support with Pathway to Chartership mentors, study leave for exam preparation and fees paid
- 2 paid days a year to be used for volunteer activities
- Cheaper gym memberships and many other money saving opportunities
- Cycle to Work Scheme (entitling you to a tax-free bike)
- Discounted rates on gadget insurance and other services
- Option to purchase additional benefits such as dental, holiday insurance at reduced rates
- Season ticket loans for annual travel expenses
- Employee Assistance Programme - with free access to specialist external advice and counselling
Morgan Hunt is a multi-award-winning recruitment business for interim, contract and temporary recruitment and acts as an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies. Morgan Hunt is an equal opportunities employer. Job suitability is assessed on merit in accordance with the individual's skills, qualifications and abilities to perform the relevant duties required in a particular role.