Morgan Hunt are currently recruiting for a Data Engineer for a 6 month contract on behalf of our public sector client with offices in both Edinburgh and Glasgow.
Day Rate: £440-£455per day
Duration: 6 Months
Working Model: Hybrid, on-site 2 days a week.
An experienced data engineer is required to accelerate the development of the organisation's Data Warehouse and associated products and services. The focus of the work will be the collaborative development of internal casework profiling solutions using data extraction & processing techniques applied to semi-structured and unstructured documents and forms. The candidate will also be expected to deliver robust and resilient data integration solutions and automation of data products and services to ensure that the Data Warehouse is fit-for-purpose.
Experience & Skills:
* REST APIs
* Modern DevOps and CI/CD practices and tooling including Docker, GitLab CI, AWS CodePipeline, AWS CDK and AWS CloudFormation
* Expertise in SQL, data transformation and analysis
* Delivering high quality software collaboratively in high-performing, cross-functional
* Experience implementing data ETLs, data streaming systems and data integration
* Experience working in the Agile delivery models - such as Scrum and/or Kanban
frameworks. Data warehousing
* Hybrid on-premises/cloud solutions
* AWS Glue, Lambda functions, S3, RDS, Comprehend, SageMaker, Data Migration
* Experience implementing ML/AI-based solutions, especially in the NLP domain
* Using testing tools for unit testing, including system test automation frameworks
* PostGIS for PostgreSQL
* Designing and implementing solutions using service and event-based
* Monitoring, alerting, intelligence tools and processes, including Grafana
* Human-centred, research-driven, inclusive design practices
* Developing within Digital First or GDS quality standards
Morgan Hunt is a multi-award-winning recruitment business for interim, contract and temporary recruitment and acts as an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies. Morgan Hunt is an equal opportunities employer. Job suitability is assessed on merit in accordance with the individual's skills, qualifications and abilities to perform the relevant duties required in a particular role.