Morgan Hunt is delighted to be partnering with a client in Dundee in their search for a Clerk of Works.
This is a 6 month temp contract. ( approx.)
The Clerk of Works (Building) has a leading role in assisting with the on-site delivery of strategic, capital and estates infrastructure projects.
This is a key role within the Estates and Campus Directorate, with the Clerk of Works (Building) responsible for inspecting construction related works, ensuring that they are carried out in accordance with best practice, legislation, drawings and specifications, and providing support to Project Managers to ensure the quality control of projects is not compromised.
Duties and Responsibilities ( includes but not limited to )
- To inspect ongoing and completed works on site, comparing them with drawings and specifications (inspections could be at heights or underground).
- Measuring and sampling building materials to check their quality, and working within project teams to identify defects and suggest ways to correct them.
- Monitoring and reporting on progress to Project Managers.
- Work with Project Managers to agree variations, as well as suggesting and assisting the implementation of safer and more efficient ways of working.
- Ensure compliance with the University of Dundee's health and safety policies and procedures, and all relevant current legislation and regulations.
- Work alongside architects and other designers to ensure the buildability of projects, ensuring future maintenance issues are mitigated at both design and constructive stages.
- To oversee contractor's works on site.
- Keeping detailed records.
- Liaising with contractors, architects, mechanical and electrical consultants, engineers, surveyors, other teams within the Directorate, and stakeholders (end users).
- Attend site and other relevant meetings.
- Checking that standards, building regulations, health and safety, and legal requirements are met.
- Participate in effective communication with stakeholders (end users) prior to and during all works in regard to their area/building.
Experience and capability
- An SVQ Level 3/HNC/Apprenticeship or equivalent in a construction-related subject.
- Relevant site/contractor supervision, or clerk of works experience.
Morgan Hunt is a multi-award-winning recruitment Business for interim, contract and temporary recruitment and acts as an Employment Agency in relation to temporary vacancies. Morgan Hunt is an equal opportunities employer, job suitability are assessed on merit in accordance with their skills, qualifications and abilities to perform the relevant duties required in a particular role.