To undertake lecturing and related duties, and undertake specific course leadership.
Aims of the Post:
To develop, provide and oversee the full range of professional services associated with programmes of teaching, learning, assessment and student support in further and higher education.
To undertake these professional duties as a member of a learning area, and contribute constructively and creatively to:
service planning, target setting, monitoring and review
the planning and allocation of work-loads and duties
the maintenance and improvement of service delivery
delivery of all forms of work-based learning (including apprenticeships)
Support and assessment (may include delivery in off campus locations e.g. employers premises)
improving efficiency and effectiveness in the use of resources and achievement of outcomes
establishing and maintaining effective team and other professional relationships
enhancing the team’s performance and its accountability for such
To promote the College, its aims, policies, and corporate standards at all times
To ensure that the highest standards of customer service and care are provided at all times.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The main duties of the post are as follows:
1. Teach an appropriate range of courses to a range of student groups in accordance with the College Standards for Teaching and the Promotion of Learning.
2. Deploy a wide range of teaching and student-centred learning strategies that ensure (a) the most effective learning, continuation, achievement and progression of students, and (b) the most effective use of teaching time and other resources.
3. Stimulate and promote effective, student-centred, independent learning strategies for students of all levels of ability.
4. Ensure full implementation of the College’s admissions (entry) and induction phase activities for students.
5. Undertake continuous (formative) and summative assessments of students.
6. Contribute to the development and design of course and course modules.
7. Contribute to planning and scheduling process of both student and learning and the overall programme.
8. Contribute to the development of learning resources and flexible learning strategies.
9. Act in compliance with all course examination, assessment and validation requirements.
1. Advise on the development of new business services and solutions, and new market opportunities.
2. Assist directly in the marketing of courses and the College generally, including liaison with schools, employers, training agencies, universities, and attendance at marketing events; and foster partnerships with other agencies where appropriate.
1. Ensure the full implementation of course review, evaluation and development, and other quality assurance processes as required by College policy; and work pro-actively to secure constant quality improvement and student completion and achievement of the highest possible standards.
2. Undertake regular and systematic monitoring of achievement of all targets set for your area of work.
3. Undertake a pro-active role in the performance review, quality audit, self-assessment, and staff development and training processes.
MANAGEMENT OF PEOPLE, RESOURCES & PROCESSES
1. Undertake course leadership.
2. Collect, organise and maintain information and other records as required by College policies and systems.
3. Undertake all administrative duties in accordance with College and any relevant external requirements.
4. Manage all resources under your control effectively and efficiently, and in accordance with College rules and regulations.
5. Assist with the specification of equipment, accommodation and other resources required for the full development of the team’s programmes.
6. Work at all times as part of a learning area and undertake team leadership and management roles as required.
GUIDANCE & TUTORING
1. Undertake the role of personal tutor to groups of learners.
2. Undertake entry phase activities such as the interviewing, assessment, selection and induction of students.
3. Organise and supervise student placements as required.
4. Delivery of all forms of work-based learning (including apprenticeships)
Support and assessment (including delivery in off campus locations e.g. employers premises)
6. Play a full role in the maintenance of students discipline, operation of the College’s student disciplinary policy, and the maintenance of high standards of campus life generally.
Ensure full implementation of College policy on student representation at course level.
1. To maintain the highest standards of professional behaviour at all times (including compliance with the staff code of conduct), and a positive and customer focused approach.
2. To promote the best image, reputation and interests of the College at all times, and in all circumstances.
3. To act at all times in full compliance with any relevant statutory requirements and all College policies, rules, and regulations.
4. To partake in any duty or other rota as required.
5. To carry out such other duties consistent with the professional status of this post at the direction of your line manager, a member of the faculty directorate or member of the College Executive
The following qualities are all deemed essential to the requirements of the post. The College will, therefore, be seeking evidence of these in the selection process, which will include the CV and covering letter, an assessment centre, interview(s) and references. The College is seeking to appoint highly skilled, dynamic, flexible and committed people with the potential to help us realise our mission and strategic objectives. The appointing panel will, therefore, require sufficient evidence of ability and achievement in each of the following areas in order to make an appointment.
An honours graduate, or relevant final professional qualification, or equivalent experience (note: in certain circumstances a specific subject or professional qualification may be required).
Assessors Qualification (or commitment to obtain within 12 months)
Level 2 in Maths and English
b) A Good Understanding of and Strong Commitment to:
the principles underpinning the College’s mission and strategic objectives, including equal opportunities
a business-like and customer focused approach to education and training
widening access to further and higher education, and boosting student completion and achievement
c) Excellent Skills, Knowledge & Experience Related to:
teaching/training and assessment within the specialisms of the post
areas of business, industry or public/voluntary service relevant to the courses’ markets
d) The Following Abilities:
to teach enthusiastically and professionally
to stimulate and promote effective learning among diverse and challenging learners
effective communication skills with customers (both as learners and as corporate clients), and professional colleagues
effective and flexible team work within a professional ment
to utilise flexible work methods (including application of information and communications technology) as a learning, assessment and administrative tool
to undertake innovatory developments in all aspects of the curriculum and its delivery
e) A Successful Track Record of:
previous employment (graduates without a previous employment history may be shortlisted in certain circumstances)
Please note: Prior to confirming an appointment to the college, individuals are asked to complete a medical questionnaire in order that the College’s Medical Health Contractor can ascertain their medical fitness for the post.